A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Kitchen update

 
 
To add a bit of color to my kitchen I asked Bridgit to paint some picures for me. I had them laminated and then put some primer on some old frames, did some sanding then put a black string across the back to hang the pictues with little clothes pins. 
 
 
 
 
Marc-Antone did this one in school and I kept it, the colors are perfect for the kitchen.  I still need to laminate it. The little shelf was found at Ikea and I painted it. I think it needs some green plants, or maybe some colored bottles.
 
 
 
Bridgit made this in school, mosaic and rattan. It is actually a serving tray.  The curtains you can see in this picture are from a resale shop in Post Falls. They are plain white with a blue embroidred border.  I hung them upside down so I can see the border better.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got this at Ikea too.  It's a bar that's fixed to the table, I got some hooks that slip onto it. There are these baskets or there are little tin pails to hook on it.  I am using it for a fruit basket. It clears up the table.  I had to add a piece of molding so the baskets would sit straight. I painted it navy then glued it to the table.
I know I need to take a better picture of the kitchen so you can see it all. I need to clean it first!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment