A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Maps

 
I have been very lucky to score two beautiful old school maps on canvas.  I asked at the school if they had any that weren't in use and found out that they don't really use them anymore and they were just sitting on the floor of the storage room.  I got a map of Europe and one of Switzerland.  Then my three men risked life and limb putting them up for me!
 
 
He looks comfy!  He had white plaster dust all over his head from the drilling.

 
I found some carved wooden sqaures with hooks to hang them from. What do you think?  It makes the stairwell "warmer" if you know what I mean. 



 
 

 
This is an outdoor wooden bench that I painted orange with a bit of blue. I went "shopping" in the basement for some pillows and a blanket to make it cozy.
 
 
 
Some words of encouragement for my dear husband...

1 comment:

  1. This, while not quite a year old, is a clear safety violation. We will be calling OSHA and expect that they will administer the appropriate fines to the perpetrators. : )

    ReplyDelete