A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bean Bags

 
I got it in my head to make a bean bag for the boys' bedroom.  I found this pattern on internet but it turned out to be for a small child. Anyway, here's what I did.  This is the pattern piece that you have to cut out 6 times (plus another 6 times with a lining fabric) with your fabric on the fold then folded again the other way to end up with...

 
this shape.  Then you sew it all together and stick little round appliques on the top and the bottom.  I filled it with 100 liters of styrofoam beads and to get rid of all the extra fabric ( I used a huge duvet cover that I didn't need anymore) 
 
 
I made this pillow and stuffed it with all the scraps.  Then I put it into the bottom of the bean bag. This way you save on the styrofoam beads and don't have anything to throw away.
 
 
 
And here is the finished project.  It is too small for the guys but the girls took it in their bedroom. I covered it with another fabric that matches their room.  I should have taken a picture, sorry.  I used a quilt that I had bought a long time ago and never really used.
 
 
 
 
I did eventually make an enormous bag for the boys.  I used another pattern and two old denim tablecloths.  This one is stuffed with 300 liters of packing peanuts.  It works great.  He looks happy, don't you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment