A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

My "new" livingroom

 
This chest of drawers belongs to our bedroom set but isn't very big for putting clothes.  I put it down stairs to store sheet music and craft stuff.
 
 

This used to be in the girls' room for toys and books. I moved to downstairs to store magazines and DVDs.   As you can see both of these furnitures needed my help!
 

 
I lightly brushed on a light blue acrylic paint, I didn't even sand it first.  Then I sprayed it with a clear varnish.  It looks really nice and aged. I moved it over on the other side of the room and decorated  the top so no one can put their junk on it.  The blue looks neat with the Gulf Coast print on the wall.
 
 
I painted this one dark blue then wanted to put orange, green, and light blue accents.  I must admit I wasn't very patient and didn't want to put all the coats of paint required for the "perfect" look, so I rubbed some dark blue across each panel and then did some sanding.  It looks pretty good, you can see the grain of the wood really well. I also got rid of all those magazines (threw some away and moved others) and am only using the wicker baskets to hold DVDs.  I have watching movies sometimes during the day then if they aren't great I toss them in the trash!  
So do you like the changes?  Stay tuned for the next episode....

No comments:

Post a Comment