A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Friday, October 19, 2012

New kitchen shelves

 
I have had this shelf thing for about ten years in the kitchen to utilise this "lost" space between the last cabinet and the fridge.  The space was actually not being used to its full potential because it is actually much bigger than this furniture (deeper)
 
So I took it out and hung those metal things on the wall where you hook shelf brackets to. I express myself well don't I?  I should have taken more pictures but I forgot.  You will see better in another picture. I had the boards cut to size and I painted them white. The top two are for cook books, then I was able to put the microwave on the next one. That is so great because I cleared a huge place on the counter.  The next shelf holds breakfast stuff and the last is for dirty dish towels and other stuff that has to go down in the basement. At the bottom we can see the wires for the fridge. I always thought I had to have a special thing made to cover all that but I am wiser now!!


 
This little curtain works just fine.  I think it took me all of 20 minutes to make it, even with hand sewing the heart on! I used sticky back velcro tape to stick it on.

The top of the fridge got a new look too. The wooden pot was an antique that my in laws gave me when they moved.  And I just love to look at that iridescent luncheon set that I got in an antique shop while visiting Astoria, Oregon with my dear sis last summer.
 

I think I went a bit plant crazy.  I wanted something to put on the bar so no one could put their junk there!!  So far it has worked.  The plant on the floor was supposed to go on the fridge but was a bit too tall.  The other one works better.

 
 
And here is a happy rainbow we saw next to the house the other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment