A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Friday, April 27, 2012

A coat rack from bed slats

Here are the cast of characters! Plain ole acrylic paint that I have had laying around, and some wooden slats that used to be under M-A's mattress.

I used a rag and rubbed the white paint on....

then some brown paint on top....

and then some color

I then stuck three together to make one board (I used a small strip of wood and nailed it to the back). As for the hooks, when I saw the price of one hook in the store (about 3 CHF), I racked my brain for a better idea, and nails popped into my head (not literaly, of course). I didn't know yet that nails are the "hooks of choice" of my dear sister. I'll take another picture when it's on the wall.
As you can see from the picture I kinda went crazy and laid all this stuff out on the dining room table with minimal protection for my new tablecloth.  I am happy to report that there were no accidents. Now my next goal is to get Pierre to put it up tomorrow.  I know I should do that myself, but I ain't too good with gettin' things straight when I put them on the wall. So to avoid diplomatic incidents, I leave all hole drilling and such to the Masta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment