A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Friday, May 29, 2015

A "New" Sleeper Sofa

 
Ok, so it wasn't exactly new.  I found a little second hand sleeper sofa that was the perfect size I was looking for to replace the double bed in the guest/sewing room. I needed space in there! I wanted to clean the foam mattress so on a very hot day I mixed some soap and vanish with water and doused it!
 
 
 

 
Then I squished it all in with more water using a fine dance step. I think the neighbors got a kick out of seeing me jumping around on this thing.  My sister in law next door said she saw me ;-) 
 
 

 
I'm not sure how but I managed to haul it onto the table. It was super heavy! I rolled it a bit and actually got on the table on my knees to squeeze the water out.
 
 
 
I was looking around for the perfect drying rack and turned around to find Bridgit's rabbit cage set up in the yard. We had a few days of hot windy weather and it acted like a big clothes dryer. It took a little over a week for it to be completely dry.
 
 
 
 
The original cover was red, so I washed it and then took it apart to make a pattern.  I made a new cover with an old quilt that I never used but had kept it because....well, you never know.
 
 
 
Here's a cool gathering trick I found on Pinterest. You sew a zigzag over a little string. It works great.
 
 
Here it is.  I am so happy with it.
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the next post. Have you stopped being creative! -U.K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever thought about making American Cornhole boards? I think a project like this would be right up your alley. -U.K.

    ReplyDelete