A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Our Bedroom


A wall of different stuff that we have collected. I am still slowly adding as I get stuff.

 

A peace pipe that Pierre received in Canada. It is handmade by an American Indian.  It's hanging from a shelf that I got at a garage sale down the street from Mom and Dad's house.



This use to be downstairs with dishes and stuff in it, now it holds books. I dry brushed it with white to change it a bit.

 The curtains I made with the fabric I bought in the States this summer. The top piece is something I found in my stash, then I added the printed fabric and sewed that onto a long pair of off white sheers that I bought ready made.  I painted the white rods blue then used bronze spray paint to  add a bit of shine.

These curtains are a mix of curtains that used to be in the boys' room (brown) and white sheers that have been in a number of windows for the last 20 years! The blue fabric is from my shopping spree at Fabric Depot in Portland.  It really gives a cozy feel to the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment