A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

The BBQ Pit


We finally built the bbq pit.  Okay, maybe not "we", but I did cook lunch for everyone and I did all the nagging that brought it about!
Pierre and the boys had dug a nice hole a few years ago, it was ready for the sand and tiles to be laid.



 Then it was just a matter of building up the different, extremely heavy, pieces and keeping it all level. My father-in-law is an expert with a leveler.




I wasn't real good about taking pictures of the whole process, but you get the idea.  They finished it in the afternoon.  It is so great, we have used it twice already.



Here's the work crew!  Thanks guys!

My in-laws had this in their yard for about 20 years then when they moved they gave it to us. We took it apart and stored it.  So here it is!!  Yay!



1 comment:

  1. So, Monica informed me that they actually dug that hole when she was there two years ago. Perhaps you would like me to send my daughters more often in order to get even more projects accomplished!

    ReplyDelete