A blog about sewing, cooking, and all those other great domestic things, except cleaning bathroons!!!!

Monday, June 18, 2012

My Gardens

 I will start by showing you some pictures of the gardens I took the week before we left for Cyprus. Here is the herb garden by the kitchen. The boys and I used some old wood planks left over from the scaffolding when we built the house.  Needless to say it wasn't too pretty after spending time outside for 11 years.  So, I painted it my favorite blue.
On the left are radishes.  This is what they looked like 2 weeks ago and now they are huge!  I have never had such beautiful radishes.  In the middle under the little structure is a cherry tomato plant. Then I planted thyme, rosemary, cilantro (the guys are so happy about that! Not really, they can't stand it) parsley, basil, and Thai basil, which is actually a lemony basil. It is really yummy in salads.


Here is a little garden with the old planks, filled only with pole beans. In this picture we were in the process of putting strings for them to climb on.  We finished but I am afraid that they are too short. We'll see....

Here are the two original gardens with a third we just built with the rest of the old planks, that is filled only with corn.  The first one in this picture has mint, chives, salad, cucumbers, and Michelle's garlic.  The second one has tomatillos, lemon cucumbers, zucchini, peppers and snow peas.
I will send an update on the growth in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment